Friday, July 14, 2006

Holy Schnike!

Why, at this moment, do I feel the need to quote Tommy Boy? Don't know. What I do know is that I feel violently caffeinated, despite not having had a whole lotta coffee today. All I know is, I'm feeling good. Wrapping up work, hoping I haven't forgotten too much stuff in the way of prep work, and generally being really excited about everything to come.

I had lunch today with an attorney I used to work with. She may be guest-blogging for us here at some point while we're on the road. Besides being a great lawyer and all-around helpful, she is bent on sending us off on the rally with one tool in particular. An axe. She's convinced we're going to need it. I truly hope that nowhere en route will I have to fell a tree, but hey, that's just the kind of cracked out story I hope to bring home with me from this trip.

Any additional (peaceful) uses you all can think of for this axe, including where we might store it without causing damage to ourselves or our car, will be much appreciated.

Audrey

2 Comments:

Blogger LizardBreath said...

You're making fun of me. Hey, when you're driving through the mountains of Central Asia and there's a tree down across the road, you're going to be glad you have a hatchet. Assuming you give me an address to have it delivered to.

1:45 PM  
Blogger LizardBreath said...

And (assuming it gets there before you leave) it comes with a sheath. I wouldn't send you a loose ax just to rattle around in the back of the car cutting into things.

Tuck it under the driver's seat. It'll be useful in negotiating speeding tickets.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home