Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh My Mother Of God.

Basically, I'm blogging right now in an effort to straighten myself for a big day at work tomorrow (you can call that what you like). But I'm here to tell you right now, that I barely believe what just happened. In fact, I don't believe it. But I'm here to report the following.

1. Tonight, Winnie's Bar in Chinatown was overrun with the exact crowd I expect at my wedding.
2. No matter how many pictures were taken, not enough pictures were taken,
3. A representative from the Permanent Mission to the United Nations, Mr. Neemun Gal attended our fundraiser, and spoke to the crowd about Mongolia, and Mongolian-American relations (!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@!!!!)
3a. An unspeakable version of the song "Africa" by Toto was sung. By some folks who shall remain nameless.
4. We raised approximately....(are you ready?)....(You are NEVER going to believe this).....(fo real!).....$2,300 FOR CHARITY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DID YOU HEAR THAT?! we BLEW the fundraising requirement out of the fricking water!!!!! We were hoping that we might come close to meeting our requirement (approx. $1,400. As you can see, you all beat that by almost a thousand dollars. you rock so hard.)

Unfrickinbelievable!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is there is bottomless thanks due to all who attended, all who helped with the logistics, and all who donated tonight. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it (and generally, I'm a rather emotional person. so the telling would be pretty emotional). All I can say is that we're so touched by your generosity and kindness.
xoxo,
audrey

1 Comments:

Blogger David Mayo said...

That's phenomenal. Well done on planning a stunningly amazing fundraiser. :)

That's charity covered. Now, you need to do another one or two to raise enough to be able to afford the trip.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home