Thursday, February 23, 2006

Your Body's a Dream That Turns Violent.

And that's the way I like it, that's the way I like it.

Not twenty minutes ago I was sitting in his car, driving back to Brooklyn, espousing the virtues of Ben Lee. The virtues of cracked out power pop. Let this be a post-it in your mind (and especially yours, sir). I Need to Download A Copy of Ben Lee's song, "Catch My Disease". Now. go and do it, and it will bring you three minutes of pure pop happiness. Trust me, I know what I speak of.

Besides getting more in the way of moral and financial support for this ridiculous endeavor, today was everything a full day should have. Start work at 6:00am? Check. Run around frantic (while sitting planted at a desk, of course) trying to save (I Kid You Not) a public pay phone? You bet. Get to see a friend who I should kick myself for not actively trying to spend more time with because this person clearly kicks ass? Uh-huh. (bonus check points you've held this person in high esteem for wearing a blue seersucker suit in summer). Were you faced with a challenge to this new and ridiculous goal you've set for yourself? Something that made you sit at your desk, and shake, visibly, audibly, in working out for yourself whether you ought to continue on the path you've set, or take what's behind door #2?

Screw door #2. I'm going to Mongolia.

AAR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home